this is where I add my content 🙂
(MT5) is the next generation trading platform from MetaQuotes, following on from the hugely popular MetaTrader 4 (MT4). While MT4 was optimised for forex trading, MT5 is functionally intended to accommodate more asset classes which include cryptocurrencies. MT5 is the ideal multi-asset platform for the modern trader that seeks to enhance their trading experience using a choice of powerful and effective new features as well as highly practical trading tools and resources. AvaTrade offers the powerful MT5 to its traders, allowing them to trade multiple assets, such as CFD’s on forex, stocks, commodities, indices, futures, energies and cryptocurrencies, with flexible leverage as well as no re-quotes, no price rejections and zero slippages. A core benefit of the MetaTrader 5 platform is that you can trade from anywhere, from the comfort of your smartphone and tablet. This is via the MT5 Web platform, which enables you to trade your assets of choice from any web browser and any device. In addition, the MT5 platform offers trading robots, trading signals and copy trading. All of these powerful features can be used from a single trading platform.
How to Trade with MT5
Here is what to do in order to experience the full power of the AvaTrade MetaTrader 5:
- Download and install
- Place your order
As mentioned above, MetaTrader 5 is packed with numerous features and trading resources, which are designed to enhance your trading activities. It is important to learn about all the features and their applicability to ensure that you are well equipped to take advantage of the full functionality of the platform. From the available seven asset class types, numerous trading tools, indicators and graphical objects, to 6 different order types, multiple automated strategies and market depth, you will be able to fully exploit the raw power of the MT5 platform if you take a little time to educate yourself on all the available features of this intuitive platform. AvaTrade also has numerous educational materials specifically on the MT5 trading platform that are accessible for free in our ‘Education’ section. Be sure to take advantage of the informative and friendly eBooks and videos that explain in detail how to trade financial assets online efficiently.
2. Download and Install
Here are the minimum system requirements for using AvaTrade MT5 on your PC:
- Windows 7 Operating System or higher (64-bit system recommended)
- Pentium 4/Athlon 64 processor or higher (All modern CPUs should be able to support this)
- If you intend to be a heavy user (For instance, opening multiple charts and utilising multiple EAs), you could consider more powerful hardware options
Follow the steps below to download and install AvaTrade MT5 on your PC:
- Click on AvaTrade MetaTrader 5 download link
- Run the ava5setup.exe file
- Enter your real account login information
- You can open a new demo account directly from the platform too
- Begin trading
3. Place your Order
If you have already logged into your AvaTrade MT5, it is now time to trade your favourite assets.
There are several ways to place an order on MT5:
- Click on Tools on the Menu bar. Then select ‘New Order’
- On the Market Watch window, double click on the asset you wish to trade (you can also right-click on your desired asset and then select ‘New order’)
- Right-click on the Trade tab on the lower terminal and select ‘New Order’
- Press F9 for one-click trading on the chart of your favourite asset
When any of the above options are applied, the ‘Order Screen’ will pop up. The screen will have a tick chart on its left side and customisable order details on the right. The tick chart displays the bid and ask prices, and thus, the real-time spreads (the difference between the bid and ask prices).
The order details on the right are: